View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Cangel - I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand. I agree with Dee, it does no harm to keep your account. All my best wishes to you.

I just got home from Nick's funeral then went to he and Jeanie's house afterward. I'm SO glad I went!

As a I parked my car, another car pulled in 2 spaces away, and who walks out but XABF#1. Had to really look to realize it was him, he's gone all gray and just looks older. I said hey, he said hey, started walking away and I said "HEY!!!!" He came back, is looking at me like he doesn't have a clue who I am and I said "um, AMY?!??!"

He said "holy ****, I didn't even recognize you". We briefly asked each other how we were doing, I walked off.

The service was absolutely beautiful. The man who spoke, I kept thinking "I know him" but couldn't place him. Finally looked at the service thing and realized he is a pilot I worked with at the airline then we both went to this other company.

Jeanie and her daughter were so happy to see me. When I got to talk to the speaker, he was pleasantly surprised, hauled his wife out of the car to meet me, talked about old times and she said "I definitely remember hearing about you".

Got to see so many old friends, even my old bosses. Boss man was all about business when I knew him, I was a codie mess and lost my job because I couldn't separate my personal and business life.

Well, old boss man was so much more friendly. He was truly grieving, fell apart when he spoke about "losing my life long friend". His wife wanted to know how I was doing, what I was doing, etc. I mentioned that she knew me in a time when I was pretty messed up, also mentioned that yes, I'd gone into nursing (she knew that), got stupid but was doing great. She said "we live and we learn".

Didn't remember, but I made their son a Christmas ornament about 20 years ago? She told me that every year, as she hangs it on their tree, she "thinks about our sweet Amy".

Back then, I put them in a category of the "upper elite" but today? We were long time friends who were grieving a mutual friend.

Ran into several other former coworkers, was repeatedly told how awesome I looked

Went to the house that has always brought me comfort. Helped set up the food, made Jeanie eat, got to meet Nick's 2 sisters and brother as well as some new friends.

Got to meet one of the girls that works with them, who I already liked from what she posted on book of faces. She obviously dearly loves Nick and Jeanie and credited them for putting her on the right path.

As we were all sharing memories, she said "Not to sound bad but you're THAT Amy!!!" I just laughed. She said she'd never heard anything but good about me, it just helped her to place a face and person with memories she'd heard about.

I'm really glad I went. As far as XABF#1, I saw a person who was trying to be someone he isn't. I'm grateful that I can see that today.

Also grateful that I am totally "what you see is what you get". I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not to gain acceptance.

Sorry to ramble, but today has been one of grief, love and gratefulness.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy