Thread: Game over
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Hi, love,

I've worked in the field of domestic violence for many years. Everything you have written has "abuser" written all over it. The control tactics, the sense of "ownership" of you, his attempts to isolate you--these are signs of a dangerous man.

I'm also a recovered alcoholic (six years sober). I know what PAWS is, and what you are describing has nothing to do with PAWS. PAWS might make it difficult for him to concentrate, it might make it tough to focus, it might make him prone to the occasional panic attack, it might make him physically clumsy at times. It doesn't make anyone critical of his partner's dress, her time on Facebook, her time at the doctor's office.

Alcoholism and abuse are two very different problems. Alcoholism can be controlled by not drinking and working a good recovery program. Abuse is much more difficult to treat, and it requires a huge commitment to change. Most abusers see absolutely nothing wrong with their behavior. They feel ENTITLED to act the way they do.

Let me ask, are you afraid of what his reaction would be if you broke up with him?