View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Time4Change42

I have too many to share, but I kept thinking about this thread and topic this morning while still in bed.

My favorite hobby is fishing and it may be hard to believe but I DON'T drink while fishing. (I would always drink afterwards)

Any, backtrack about 14 months ago me and my buddy (who doesn't drink) planned a river fishing trip, the last one of the year and one of my favorite trips. We planned to go on a Sunday.

It was a football game Saturday, I told myself I would be fine. Then, all the bad decisions occurred:

-didn't eat
-game went into overtime--drank more and more
-favorite team won!!! Let's take shots!!! (moonshine)
-Still no food, more beer, more moonshine
-made it to bed by 10-1030pm
-woke up around 4-5am, still drunk, extremely hungover
-ate some eggs and sausage at home
-headed out, praying to get better
-NEVER should have drove---more praying (the wrong kind)
-almost to river, stop for fast food biscuit, place order at drive thru---then PUKE out the window...
-able to digest the biscuit and diet coke, stop again to drink some water and WASH off my truck panel
-panic is setting in, my buddy doesn't drink, surely he will smell it, raise hell for me driving, etc.
-pick up buddy, try to talk sober, knowing I smell like a brewery
-get to river, lucky there is a porta potty---have to relief myself of the most epic "beer *****" ever...(pray some more)
-start fishing

Hate myself all day and don't enjoy my #1 passion because of alcohol, spent all day just trying to get through the hangover.

I'm sure I picked up fast food on the way home and drank more beer that evening...

What a WASTE...