Thread: Thanks
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Axiom

Thanks

I wanted to thank all of you out there in SR Land. I have been in a funk the past few days and checking in here has helped to keep me going. I am feeling much better today and can proudly say its day 50!

I quit my job a few days after I got sober and not working has been driving me nuts. If I hadn't given up alcohol I would be wasted on my couch/at work(bartender)/out at a bar or passed out right now. Instead, I went to a great AA meeting. It's the first one that has really made me feel great and I think I will be making this one my home group. I still need to be less awkward about sticking around and chatting afterwards but hey that takes time.

I am sure many have heard this before but it was my first time tonight and it made me think:
Three frogs are sitting on a log, on decides to jump in the pond. How many frogs are left on the log?
Three!

I have been sitting around hoping to feel great. Wishing these cravings would just go away. I had decided my life would be better if I stopped drinking. In some ways it has been in others not so much. I haven't been doing the work and the cravings are just part of life now. I just don't have to act on them. I need to stop being so selfish and start doing for others if i want to feel good. Maybe it's just a "pink cloud" and i know i will be down again but I am feeling really optimistic about this weekend.

Anyhoo, I hope you all are having a great day and thanks for being here for me to share and read up on how you're doing.http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...s/thankyou.gif