View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

LeeLee - I do hope you get the vein surgery soon and it helps! I will probably need it at some point in the future, but not yet.

Lauren - Sorry hubs is having trouble breathing. My mom was on "sliding scale" water pills. If she gained 2 pounds, she took this amount, 3 pounds another amount. Her condition, I think, was a lot worse than your hubby's, though, as her heart was giving out and multiple organs were failing as a result. The water pills worked for many, many years, though.

I did not make it to Nick's visitation tonight as I couldn't leave work early. Going to the funeral at noon tomorrow. Going to Chattanooga for dad on Sunday.

LeeLee - I wondered about reporting sm's doctor when she died, but even if I could do it anonymously, the situation would make me NOT anonymous and I have a feeling "her family" would not appreciate it.

Now with her sister's death, I don't know. I do know he's never had any official complaints I don't really know what happened, I think she passed out, reflexes were down and she choked, but may never know.

Work was good. I found out the baguette bread I got a couple nights ago had gotten rather hard, stopped by and got some fresh from the oven. Took that, the crap dip (one container for upstairs, another for downstairs) and picked up some Christmas cookies.

My secret Santa got me a Godiva huge mug and some dark chocolate hot chocolate!! I'm quite sure I've never had Godiva, it's so cool I don't want to open it! We had fun seeing what everyone got, several of the secret Santa's were no longer secret, but that's okay.

One of the girls is going to be out next week. She doesn't know who will attempt to do her job, but filled me in on some stuff as she said "I know you, and you will do your best"

Dad said he and bratkin had a long talk last night. The reality of her "birth family" and who is really there for her and her little family is hitting home. She told him that the older she gets, the more she learns, the more she knows that dad and I are her family.

Yes, she is still pretty immature about a lot of things (like money!) but I was glad to hear that. She has totally stopped drinking, refuses to take anything stronger than ultram for her back pain, and I'm really proud of her. She's not just blowing smoke, I would recognize that

Dad wanted to know what I was doing for Christmas. Well, I always go to mom-Kay's but we've also spent part of the day at my stepsister's. Not sure we will be invited, so he and I will figure out something. He has burned bridges with mom-Kay, and though they would still welcome him, I know it would be awkward for him.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy