View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
irisgardens

TF--I will be available on Christmas Day--my oldest daughter called and has planned the day for us as her son (my grandson) is 4 and she wants us there to open gifts and to do 'something' fun--my two middle children are spending their days with significant others (oldest daughter is the family 'voice' right now and that is fine and as it should be--although I really feel irritable on everyone telling their Dad everything and he doesn't pass anything along--he has always been that way--all 40 years...so I know that it is because there is just so much out of my control--everything? I did make one statement--she is cooking dinner and loves ham...I just told her that I have always loved stuffing and that with Christmas so lean this year...it will be hard with the extreme menu change...and then I told her I would compromise...had already agreed with husband to get 2 meals to go from a restaurant...so need to think on that...even though things are so tight...am managing on such a shoestring that I am triggering childhood deprivation buttons around food and electricity--having enough...so working on that. My meeting last night was good and so glad that I had it...it was good to be able to share and be in a meeting and to listen to the other shares...everybody always seems so articulate to me...but I have learned to just blurble (& to be more concise than in prior years -- have a long way to go) and then let the share go...so that part was good.

I will be available for parts of Christmas day...you are not alone...I am trying to get over the isolating I am doing--my program at the health care place is helping and I will have a therapy appt on the 24th...and that will be good.

Take care of you...