View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by Clementina View Post
Hey Serenidad, Congrats on Day 10!!! And sorry to hear people are being crappy. You're doing the right thing by staying sober and coming on here. You know what helps me even more than a drink when I'm really angry? Working out!!! I love doing a bunch of push ups when I'm frustrated/angry. And running. It's like I turn into superwoman!!! You get fit AND you get to release it all through physical activity Worth a try if you haven't already! Also.... exercising regularly, I find, helps lower my anger levels overall. It prevents me from getting aggravated and helps me stay patient with other people. (Some study I was reading about recently said that divorce rates would be significantly lower if everyone ran for just 1/2 hour per WEEK.... I totally believe it!) Feel better~ Hope your day improves!
Wow! Great advice and maybe that will help me lose the weight I gained from drinking...30 lbs gained during my 13 month relapse! Ugh!

I've lost 1.5 in the past 10 days of being sober without changing anything but cutting out alcohol! But...I'm not gonna worry about a diet right now because I'm not fat...just would like to lose a few. Sobriety is #1 right now and anger is a trigger. If you say exercise helps you with that then I'm gonna try to step it up! Thx!