View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
wow what an amazing thing, you are pissed off at someone and not going to pick up a drink on it ? sounds like your learning the right way to be to me : ) now the trick is to let them go and not live in your head or your heart for me i would say things like I WILL SHOW THEM, OR DONT THEY KNOW WHO I AM, HOW DARE THEY lol yep get drunk on it that would show them alright and maybe tell them what i really think about them : ) of course the next day being sober i would have to try to undo all that i did in the first place and wish that i had never let them get to me or that i never did pick up that first drink so at least your committed to not picking up that first drink. so what are you going to do for the rest of the night or day ? are you going to vent and stew over it all or how about doing somthing else instead ? give a sponosor a call and let all your anger fly at them get it off your chest, or go to the local meetings and either share about it or talk to another memeber there ? at times i used to have to go out to the shed with a hammer and just bash the hell out of a block of wood lol then go out for a walk and saying the serienty prayer over and over again but trying to think about what the words mean especially the words that say accept the things i can not change, accept the things i can not change, accept the things i can not change. accept the people i can not change works as well : ) good luck to you and it will pass, just so long as you do the right thing and of course do not pick up that first drink so be proud of it as your doing it
Thanks desypete! I made it through the anger and the way without pouring poison down my throat! I posted here...texted my sponsor and another woman from AA, prayed, and as SoberLeigh tells me to do...I took deep breaths! The anger passed a lot quicker than usual. I also ate something and stayed pretty busy the rest of the day. The most important thing is I didn't drink today. I'm always going to encounter A-holes and conflict....if I drink every time...I will die of alcoholism. Not an option!!!

Thanks again. Onward!