View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mistory5

30 days ... need advice on people.

I finally made it to 30 days without rehab in 10 yrs. I should be singing from the roof top, but I'm not. To be honest with you in my consious mind I'm not stuggling with not drinking. I'm stuggling with accepting people who I find irritating. Basically I'm dealing with people in an outpatient group for various mental health. These people including myself are very high functioning and intelligent people. But they can be so judgemental of new people who come in the group who are struggling or meds haven't kicked in. Very clickish on top of it. I tend to be my own person and for some reason have always stood for the underdog. Well over the last few months a new guy comes along who is a little out there. Well these people just constantly put him down and shun him. I find myself always trying to make them remember where we are and we all have seen some dark times or we wouldn't be there. Well it keeps going on and on and I'm tired of being civil about it . I want to scream at them, cuss them out and remind them all that they have spent some time in the psych ward at one time or another.
I'm letting these people steal the shine from my 30 day sober sucess. I know the right thing is to ignore it or maybe even look deeper inside myself to see why this is bugging me so much. Question : can you give me advice or suggestions on how to not let these judgemental people who really shouldn't be judging another fellow mental health peer not get under my skin? I know... I'm judging them too...I just want peace about it and refocus on staying sober. Thx