Thread: Heartache
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blueyes618
Stay positive.

Heartache

I went out to dinner tonight with my boyfriend, my dad, and his girlfriend. I have always been extremely close to my dad until recently. He knows I have had issues with drinking in the past, but does not know I go to AA or have stopped drinking for good. It's not that he would disapprove, but I have disappointed him so much in the past with my relationships, career choices, and financial issues that I can't bear to burden him with anything else. Anyways, at dinner he was pretty tipsy and out of no where he started bringing up the past and how I got away with SO much. He kept telling me how lucky I am to even be alive after drinking and driving and literally re hashed every single drunken stooper I was ever in to the whole table. He's never done this before. I śtarted to relive all of those memories, and its like he was pouring salt into an open wound, my heart is just breaking. Dinner was ruined I started crying and pushed my boyfriend out of his chair and we left. These feelings are so raw and I feel so helpless and empty inside. This could not have come at a worse time. I guess I am not strong enough to handle these e,options right now. I don't know what to say to my dad after tonight