Old 12-16-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
CodeJob

I had to look back at my first thread post. I was thankful to find SR. I don't think I got too freaky until RAH's discharge plan did not go the way I wanted it to...

Personally I have never felt pushed by anyone to DO anything here. Of course I am stubborn. I inherently understand, 'take what you want and leave the rest.' But many times wonderful SR folks have posted and helped me SEE things in a much different way. Since I don't talk about much about my life with friends or family, this has been very very useful to me.

But I did come to realize some months ago that I was telling people what to do and not always sharing ESH. So I have tried to at least stick ESH in what I post. Also I just try to tell people to read a book/SR threads, think, give things time, switch their focus to themselves, meet some local faces at CR or Al Anon... A lot of us KNOW the answer. We just don't want to ACCEPT it. But maybe if they widen their personal resources, that message they need to hear will come through, eventually. And if not, well, not everyone chooses to work recovery. Not everyone accepts the role they played. Not everyone wants to figure it out. Some people go backwards.

I like to figure things out. I am too Type A to go backwards for long.