Old 12-16-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
HikerLady

"What would you do" Great question for me Shil! I am going to answer this as how I think I should react trying to avoid being too stressed over it and NOT tapping into my codie tendencys.

First, I would be fretting and stressed because, OMG, I would feel so unbelievably limited in what I could/should say and what is or isn't encouraging...so, I'd have to plan on addressing my feelings first with some running and/or yoga before texting and releasing my stress. LOL, not lying here, this is exactly why I needed to give up facebook, seemed like everyday there was a new drama, somebody said something that hurt someone elses feelings and it put me on high alert and feeling great constraint as to what I felt was safe to say.

OK, that done, I'd re-assess the necessity to always text something that related directly to his recovery and open the field to anything positive..jokes, updating him on funny news stories, passing along a hello from a friend, sharing something funny the dogs did, sharing something funny/stupid I did and laughing about it.

THAT would work for me and my husband, not sure if it'd work in all cases,especially if you've made some kind of deal to post him encouraging things directed to his recovery. I actually think I'd find this an enjoyable thing to look forward to doing on a daily basis and I know my AH would get a kick out of it too.