Old 12-15-2014, 12:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
LeeJane

Nice idea, Seek.

I have a standing arrangement with my best friend for coffee Tues and Fri. NOTHING gets in the way of that.

I am on a tasty and healthy eating plan to get myself in optimum health and target weight (only a few more pounds to go), I attend a weekly motivational group for this. Not 12 step or anything to do with (boring) alkies. Just normal and main stream, and I totally love it!

I eat three balanced meals a day. Keeps my mind and body nice and stable. Plenty of fluids. A wide range of healthy foods. I cook from scratch.

I dress nicely and take care of my hair, wear make up.

Have stopped swearing and being generally loutish!!

I have created a calm home. I enjoy taking care of my home. I have zero tolerance for anyone bringing loudness, insanity or stress in here.

I give myself the treat of an afternoon nap every day. This has helped my energy levels so much as well as being a joy.

I am very caring over my health and see my doctor, dentist on regular basis. My tooth care is up to date, I am on appropriate medications for my time of life. If I have pain of any sort, I treat it.

I rest when needed. I don't push myself to point of collapse.

I have stopped having caffeine. I eat and enjoy lots of fruit. I don't eat energy draining and crazy making sugary and junk foods.

I walk in the opposite direction of other people's pity parties, maudlin stuff, raging alkie stuff etc. I am careful of my environment.

I delight in paying all my bills on time, owing no money to anyone.

I don't hide things, I do not enable my AH. I enjoy the firm boundaries I have and live by.

I enjoy the normal and sane small quiet joys in life. I notice things, like nature, a lovely sky.

I am in touch with my sponsor daily. I have built up good and supportive friends and offloaded the toxic insane ones. In turn I am a good and supportive friend myself. I am also a good and reliable sister.

I see red flags on people now and know to keep away instead of being drawn like a magnet towards them and trouble!

There are more. The above list is the exact opposite when I was an active A myself, a chronic enable of my AH, codependent and people pleaser.

I have been sober about 4 years. The programs I live are a mix made to suit my exact needs. So some Al-anon, some ACOA and some OA. Codie No More was a massive help to me.

Very thankful.