View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hope4Life
as a sober contributor

Thanks for your response Mike. The message I sent stated my regrets for the way our relationship ended and my part in that, so she knows knows I have recognized that I was the problem. As others have stated, my side of the street is clean.

As far as my sponsor goes, for some reason he changed his tune when she did not respond. At first he said that if she did not respond the she does not get an amends. I took it upon myself to explain the situation and make the amends in my message because I had the feeling I would not hear from her. While I have been hoping to hear from her so that I could express my feelings directly, seeing her in person would be impossible as she lives on the other side of the country and I am not in the position to travel to her.

As far as being in contact with others in our circle, it was almost 30 years ago and I am in contact with only 1 person from those days (my best friend) and he has not spoken to her in the decades since we broke up.

I applaud your efforts to make your amends face to face in front of her entire family but it does not always work out that way. Thanks again for your thoughts...