View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pagekeeper

Originally Posted by Hope4Life View Post
3 weeks have gone by since I sent the message with no response. My sponsor has now decided that I should call her at work, since I know where she works from her profile on LinkedIn. I do not agree and do not want to bother her at work or upset her in any way.

The message I sent stated my regrets of how our relationship ended, so I am going to leave it at that.
I agree with you. Do not call her at work. You don't know whether the follow-up would cause more harm, and it is best to err on the side of caution. If it is meant to be, your higher power will put you in contact with this person again if further action is needed. There is also the possibility she does not want to respond. As you said, it's been many years. Perhaps she read the message and just wants to leave it at that. I had an amend that went this way. I only had an email address for this person I was involved with romantically (he had moved out of state). I sent him my amends and he never replied. Our relationship ended very badly, with my alcoholism causing a lot of harm on his end. I'm pretty sure he just did not want to have any further contact with me. But the point is I made the amends and I meant them. I cleaned off my side of the street. He does not have to forgive me or accept my amends. And I had to accept that and move on.