View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Pach

Finally.... I am so dumb sometimes LOL

Originally Posted by grtgrandpa View Post
Pach, I was taken to my first AA meeting by a man whose father died of our disease/illness.

He was not an alcoholic, but he heard my frustration telling him about my daughter, and he knew that I was an alcoholic.

After my first meeting I knew that I was an alcoholic, and I never took another drink.

There is help Pach in Long Beach and we will find it hopefully today.
You know what, there is something about me that is the reason I could not navigate my way through the mess of information on the site for the times and dates, etc.

Good example: I cannot look at comic strips. The busyness and punchiness of colors and black splotches, I can't decipher the pictures nor the speech bubbles! Another example: When I go into a pharmacy for, say, vitamins, I find the vitamin aisle but canNOT for the LIFE of me find the vitamin I need! Why? The bottles look the same. An aisle of white, orange and green bottles may as well be dumped together into a bin, all messed up. I have to get the guy behind the pharmaceutical counter to physically walk me and point my nose in front of the ones I need. It's just too much info, visually, for my mind to process.

(But I am an artist and teacher...)

Nutshell, I figured it out.

Finally.

I guess that's why patience is a virtue.

Pach!