View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 08:02 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Victortaz
Paused

Arrow If you're new to this site

I don't know why, but when someone shares a story like you just did I see beauty. I hate that we had to go through what we did, but we gained something that can't be replaced. I'm not sure even how to label it. It's something that comes deep from within us. Don't you feel like you've been somewhere that most people will never go?

It's crazy to say, but I wouldn't trade the experience of recovery and self discovery and the relationship I have with God because of all of this.
Thanks MG.

I think I understand what you're saying. I'm learning more gratitude for what I have becuz of all I've been thru, more compassion for others--slowly, I'm learning. Would I even care, would I have what I have, had I not gone thru all this crap?

In a conference about a year ago, we were asked to answer a question about what one thing in our past we would change if we could. I immediately thot of the abuses I'd been thru but then I thot: would I then have ever met my wife? Had my daughters? Would I be a better or a worse person? Would I believe in God? I answered that I would change nothing. Sounds crazy, but I wasn't the only one.

MG, the best to you & yours. Take care.

Taz