View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katchie

Showered with gifts

Yesterday my AH called me wondering who I had over to measure for curtains a few months ago that I ended up not purchasing because I thought the price was outrageous. I knew what he was doing when he asked, he always does this after I have a 'talk' with him about his drinking behavior. I told him not to worry about it because it was too much. He insisted to know but I didn't give in. Then he asks if he ordered them would they be here by Christmas; no they wouldn't and I said it's a crazy amount and I don't want them. Then he pipes up that he knows I really liked them and its not like he's trying to buy his way back into my good graces. BULL, BULL, BULL, BULL!!!! That is EXACTLY what he is trying to do!! He does this often like last Christmas and after the Valentines day blow up...same song and dance.
Then he calls me again today about our son being given season tickets to a local university to watch basketball games this year (he's being recruited by this school). I enjoy basketball but mainly only if one of my boys is playing. He offers the extra ticket to me and I decline. He offers again..I decline. More talking passes and he says I really should be the one to go with him. I was about to get upset so I said, "listen to what I am telling you, you are not listening to me, I don't want to go."
WHAT THE CRAP!
I don't like that he makes me feel like he is trying to "buy" back my affection. I just don't like it at all. I'm trying to hold myself together today and he's unknowingly pushing me.