Old 12-10-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
ardy

PTSD when you are growing up in a AF home.. and the world thinks everything is just great at your house... and then marriage to someone that does not want a life or a family and then a car accident because he thought He would harm the dumb woman and get the daughter (he died in it) and then just so much in life... Stress and PTSD.. it has so many faces of harm to the soul the mind and the heart. prayers to you all and I know a bunch of you were standing around me yesterday. to long of a day. and the little girl that was afraid came out acouple of times... you know when you have a great staff around you... they reach out and go your ok really .. and the clown tries to laugh the Marine steps up to the Big Baby suck it in..and the little girl wins with I am afraid.. and the arms hold you tight... PTSD at least we know the name of the Demon and can shout its name.. and that takes the fear away.. well some of it. hugs and prayers ardy...

Originally Posted by qwer1234 View Post
I think anyone dealing with addiction develops a bit of C-PTSD especially when it surrounds your life.

Complex post-traumatic stress disorder (C-PTSD) also known as developmental trauma disorder[1] or Complex Trauma is a psychological injury that results from protracted exposure to prolonged social and/or interpersonal trauma in the context of either captivity or entrapment (a situation lacking a viable escape route for the victim), which results in the lack or loss of control, helplessness, and deformations of identity and sense of self. C-PTSD is distinct from, but similar to, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), somatization disorder, dissociative identity disorder, and borderline personality disorder.

Complex post-traumatic stress disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia