Old 12-10-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Lovenjoy
happy, joyous an free!

well, i must say you all are making me feel a lot less crazy about what i'm dealing with and how i'm reacting! soooo all this weirdness is part and parcel of the on going saga of addiction and recovery?! good to know, truly.....

my son is up and down, in and out, whatever - not as nuts as the full blown roller coaster but certainly not the life i expected for myself at this stage of my journey. the honest sharing in this thread is helping so much - more patience with both him and myself, not alone in this experience, valuable esh - thank you one and all!

i identified my ptsd awhile ago but didn't equate it with his paws. my son has yet another shoulder surgery next month and when he scheduled it i told him he needed to get his ducks in a row about it cause my ptsd was already kicking in. he was like what?! well we've been through 3 surgeries in the past year and it has sucked! yeah guy - PTSD!!!

it's amazing how they expect us to support, sympathize and understand but boy it is a shocker when we ask for the same in return - with what their issues bring to our circumstances..... sheesh!