Old 12-08-2014, 09:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marcus

Originally Posted by GardenMama View Post
Marcus, I am tired and just realized you were answering my question! Yes. PTSD from the trauma drama her addiction created...we definitely have that. I need to keep that in the forefront of my mind and will talk with my husband about it. He will definitely agree he's got it. Thanks.
Yep sorry I just saw the title of your thread and kind of thought Post Traumatic Stress Disorder sounds about right. I am not saying that to be flippant or to lessen what our Soldiers go through, but active addiction can feel like a constant battle. You are up against the enemy (active addiction) on a daily basis and it can take a toll. I do think people throw the PTSD word around a bit too much these days, but honestly it does fit quite well.

My love goes out to all of you trying to fight the good fight, but I also think surrendering is always an option and often the best option. Eventually it becomes a suicide mission unfortunately. Many of you did not choose it, but you can choose how you deal with it. Take care and best of luck / Godspeed to you all!!