Thread: day 1 again
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
matilda123

Workplace bullying is real and is horrible. If this is the situation, can you report it to HR?

Something Ruby2 said resonated with my experience about the vicious cycle of work and drinking. I didn't have a yelling boss, but I certainly wasn't getting done what I needed to because I was drinking, which made me more stressed, which made me drink more.... etc. While drinking helped me temporarily deal with my work anxiety, it didn't really treat the underlying situation, and indeed made it worse.

Dee said something to me the other day that makes a lot of sense: we really need to be careful about drinking "at" situations and people. Is there a way that you can take a leave from work and/or address this bullying through HR? Strikes me that work for you right now is a situation that triggers, much like a bar or party might be for others.

I'm thinking good thoughts for you, Toni. I know how hard work stress can be: it is one of my primary triggers. Please don't let this awful boss compromise your sobriety--they don't deserve that kind of power!!