View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Pach

Much, much better!

Dear SR Friends,

Welp, I went into detox. I had no problem getting to my car, driving over to the hospital, saying, "I'm an alcoholic, and I need help", and I waited about an hour for someone to come and admit me. It was great! My docs and nurses took every edge off that I needed off, I ate more than I do at home (love cooking) and the food was great. The greatest thing, however, was that I felt safe. I was, safe. I was, medically taken care of. The episode I'd had where my legs wouldn't work and my brain thought the lights were off in my room while I was disoriented and the lights were actually ON, was extremely dangerous. The first thing they noted about me was how committed and strong I am, and that they know I can do this after leaving. So I stayed 3 nights, 4 days, and I feel like my old self again. They also gave me more support information than I know what to do with LOL.

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts! You know I couldn't read them in there, all you get to keep is your skin, what's inside of it and your glasses. I do understand, I guess. There were people in there with umpteen years of worse problems than mine, and it was quite humbling indeed.

I learned so much about myself and about who I am, especially when speaking with the doctor and those who really enquired about my past, present, and things in general.

I am going to an AA meeting tonight, I plan on 90 in 90 days Right now I have a potato-asparagus-broc-cheese gratin baking away in the oven. After my munchie from that, I'll go for a bike ride and to my meeting.

I couldn't have done this without all of you!

x