View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 08:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hadlbran
Hadlbran

((((HUGS))))

Thank you all for your help! I have been visiting my friend more lately and I can tell - or at least I think I can tell - she is almost embarassed about what happened - and has a hard time being around me.

Her family was just here helping her mend her wounds and changing her dressings and such. I had to go learn how to change her dressings - IT TAKES TWO HOURS!

Anyways - as her sister was getting ready to go back home (she lives out of State) and she said to my friend: "As soon as you are starting to feel better, I want you to come up so we can get [messed] up! You need a night of being really [messed] up!" I just sat there thinking "isn't that the reason she's in the predicament she is in now!' I bit my tongue and didn't say anything but I just couldn't believe it. My friend just chuckled. It was rather disturbing!

So, I guess I am just going to continue to come by every single day and change her dressings and help out as much as I can - but I honestly don't know how I'll handle it the day I walk in and she is having a drink - or the day she heals and heads out to party! I am really struggling with my emotions and how to actually handle the situation. I haven't had my talk with her yet that I want to - and I keep getting mixed reviews - some say have it now - some say wait until she's healed because the last thing she needs right now is a lecture. AND...I am struggling with if I should even say ANYTHING to her because I have said it all before...

UGH! A relationship with an alcoholic is not easy!

Thanks again for all your posts - they came at the most perfect time and REALLY helped me out!

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))