View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sosadandhurt

Needing some info.

This may sound gross to some but I am guessing that if we are here it is because we are with an alcoholic and probably have heard of this problem before. I apologize if I make anyone queezy.
My question is, how far along is the disease when you start seeing blood on toilet paper after they have a bowel movement.
I had noticed some splatters on the toilet that looked like blood after his usual morning blow out, but I wasn't really sure.
Well this morning I saw the toilet paper and it was covered with blood. Not just spotted, but quite a bit.
My ABF is highly functioning, works everyday, never late, and most days at least 12 hours, and his job is in the oilfield in the physical labor part. He does not complain of stomach issues or anything health related.
He has never said a word about the blood and I haven't brought it up. I am wondering how he doesn't see this as a problem. He has high blood pressure and last year diagnosed with diabetes, controlled with pills.
My question is, what does the blood mean and how quick does something like this progress. Also, do they just ignore all of these signs or does the alcohol just make them not think it is a problem.
His alcohol intake is upwards of 12, 16oz beers (tall boys) everyday, and he never misses a day,ever. On the weekends it is probably 20 beers or more a day.
I would appreciate any responses. I probably will not be around a computer until tomorrow evening, so if I don't respond, please do not think I am ignoring you. Thank you in advance for any input.