View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ubntubnt

Oh my god, boy oh boy is alcohol everywhere. Not only that but most of my social circle are alcoholics or borderline alcoholics and everyone I know drinks (thankfully my wife gets smashed on 2 sips of wine so she rarely drinks). Add to that the fact that alcohol is on my mind all the time and its just crazy.

Yesterday I was on a flight and the hostess was walking down the aisle and she was asking everyone what they wanted. This being Asia everyone was having fruit juice and tea. Then the guy in front of me asked for a beer and they had beer and it was free. HELLO! free beer....this would usually have been my cue to start drinking as many as I could before we landed. The last flight I took before I quit was with United and the flight was delayed so the bar was free.....I asked the hostess for 2 wines and two beers. She looked at me and said "sir, are you seriously asking me for 4 alcoholic beverages?" To which I replied "yes Ma'am, thanks very much". I am not a selfish person but this will tell you how out of control my drinking had become. I was planning to hit those and then another 4 ASAP from a different hostess.

Alcohol is everywhere but I also believe that those that don't drink don't really notice it. I am sure my wife would not have even registered the fact that the guy in front asked for a beer whereas I ended up day dreaming about it for a few moments before ordering a tea...not craving just dreaming...aaaargh