View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

There are few words to assuage the bitter anguish of death. Knowing it is a reality for all us doesn't seem to help much and commonly we blame or are mad at God. I am sorry for your pain.

Here's my experience - I won't go into every detail, but many - myself included, are not strangers to these gut wrenching, trying times....

Several years ago my Sister passed. She was sick for a long period and was a follower of Christ for all of her adult life. Passed away at 56 years old, 4 children. At the time I drank my way through it, as I did with all things. I had zero sense or development of spirituality and cared nothing about organized religion ( still don't, much)

On her death bed I spoke to her over the phone for the very last time. I was inconsolable - sobbing and crying. She was very lucid and said - Wow, your taking this real hard aren't you sweetie???

I sobbed, yes. She replied - Why? You know my Faith! It is but a passing of the season....

At her memorial service her four children spoke, sang and cherished a life well lived. Not one of them shed a tear. There was touching humor and reminiscing of the Joy she had in her life. That day, I experience true grace for the very first time. It changed my life. My sister had a masters in voice and was given a voice from God.

I will share this link of her singing with all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU_EkKmq-c4

I will not quote scripture, nor give you any flowery words of hope and peace. I will pray for peace for you and your family.

I claim no divine understanding of God and His purpose. But, through daily prayer and readings I have grown in a relationship with Christ and He is indeed with you even in your anger...........

Warm Regards and prayers,
FlyN