Thread: how?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
irisgardens

Lovenjoy...my heart is breaking for you and with you today. Am in the same situation except that my 3rd addict went MIA...and I can no longer do what I did for the previous 2 (who are doing well now and in complete denial about their issues...which makes it even harder for me...as I still have emotions to process from those years). Just do you best...I am able to make it to 1 naranon meeting a week and went to the doctor yesterday and was finally able to express my deeper need for help than I have been able to for many years...and the doctor referred me to a program that is deeper than outpatient therapy. Am thanking God for this as I am at the end of my rope...or as the doctor said...hitting my codependency bottom. The thing is...I know that I have to do what I can do for me...or I will be lost. So...please take care of yourself and try to find support in others who understand (there are many here who do and the alanon and naranon meetings are helpful). I have lost the recovery that I had with my previous 2 addicts over the past 19 years...and with this 3rd one...just barely hanging on...so know that you are in good company...and know that you must take care of you...(& this from someone who is struggling to do so)--it is like being a lifeguard (was this in high school)--we are trained that we cannot let the drowning person pull us under the water in their desperation because then we, too, will drown...and so from the bottom of my heart...just sending prayers and care to you. You can do this...and as a fellow parent...I know that we have to...even when we don't know how or what to do. Our souls need to be entrusted to God along with our addicts...and it is no easy feat...knowing the answer doesn't mean that I know how. God Bless.