Thread: 3 Weeks!!
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
mistory5

Originally Posted by Chillly View Post
Thanks mistory and trish!
mistory, you flatter me by saying you've been following me. But I understand why because I'm pretty awesome and hilarious!! lol
I'm looking forward to day 30 with cautious optimism.. In the back of my mind, I still feel like 30 days means I'm not an alcoholic/time to celebrate. (My AV loves the idea of body slamming me on day 31)
My last sobriety stint was in 2009-2011, I was sober for two years and 1 afternoon. Milestones are difficult for me.

Thanks Ya'll!
wow u just gave me something to start being proactive about: milestones! Never thought about it cause I was never able to reach them on my own without being locked away (rehab) that doesn't count to me. Rehab is a jump start to the real living sober life. Anyhow because of what you shared I am going to start thinking of ways to reward myself when I reach a milestone. I think milestones may be hard because we were in a habit of rewarding ourselves with a drink for a job well done. Time to change it up! Thx see what happens when we posts...i hadn't even consider a milestone may trigger me.