View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
walkbeformakrun
Omnivore

Originally Posted by KChance View Post
Thank you for the continued thoughts and comments. There continues to be views from both sides of things. Personally I view it as a challenge to myself to find a way to moderate it. Even if I have already gotten to a point where I have crossed that line (I dont know if I have or not). If I had to accept the label of alcoholic and work towards the challenge of never drinking again I would see that as a weakness for myself and in some kind of way, a loss in the game of life. Not a loss that I couldn't drink anymore, but a loss that I'm not strong enough to handle it. Also, I have always been the type of person who is highly motivated by being told I can't do something. So for hearing from many that moderation wont work and its not possible, that drives me to want to prove I can. So for now to work on that moderation I am putting a goal on myself. No drinking during the week, only on weekends. That is my goal. I will report in here to say how I am doing and any continued encouragement is appreciated.
Funny, I had this exact same plan. I did white knuckle sobriety from Sunday night to Friday afternoon. I was miserable when not drinking and then making up for lost time all weekend. The weekends I was more in the hole than ever before. Then I started allowing myself to drink Sunday night too. Then Thursday. Then,,, well you see where this goes. Good luck to you though. I for one am interested to hear about it.