Old 12-01-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
In my humble opinion I doubt this was really ever said to him at all. More manipulation to move back into the house and put KidsR#1 on the defense to prove otherwise.

As they have been through bouts of distrust before and overcome he is well aware Kids has the ability to work through issues.
That's what I was thinking. My AH would say similar things and throw Al Anon under the bus saying that 'it's what I hear in AA meetings, about how angry and unforgiving Al Anon folks are, blah blah...'. When I talked to my sponsor afterwards, she pretty much told me he's not working a solid AA program, he's working a program called manipulation.

I already know that my AH is on his best behavior right now because he needs to keep his status quo in this house. He doesn't want to suffer financially, he doesn't want to live alone, he doesn't want to have limited contact with his son.....I get that. It's unfortunate that it all comes down to their choices vs our choices. What are we willing to put up with and how much pain will it take before they choose sobriety for themselves instead of forced sobriety for others?