View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by KChance View Post
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all here, hope the weekend was good for all. Again I understand the concept of this site and the MM site. But I still have a hard time understanding people here not wanting to help someone who wants to prevent being an alcoholic (alcohol dependent/alcohol abuser). I think that is the ultimate goal of both sites. To me, it shouldn't matter how it is done just as long as that is prevented. Best wishes to all.
if i could drink 2 or 3 drinks a night and not end up in trouble etc i wouldnt be here nor in aa

the fact is when i drink i drink and get drunk, it leads on to all sorts of other problems for me like i could end up being violent, i might oversleep and not get up for work you name it anything can happen for me if i take just 1 drink

its starts a craving off in me that has no off switch

so again if i could drink 2 or 3 drinks i really wouldnt need help if thats all my problem was
just enjoy the fact you can drink normaly and nothing bad happens to you when you drink
its something i chased all my drinking life but had to come to accept that for me i will never be able to drink normaly like others and its far to dangerous for me

good luck to you