View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
KChance

Originally Posted by fini View Post
KC,
let me mention again that Moderation Management might be the place where your goal is in line with others' goals.
this here is indeed a recovery forum for people who want to quit drinking. if moderation is your goal, this is not a place where you'll find your crowd.

i'm not surprised that MM is not as active as this place. it seems to me that most people who moderate do so naturally and wouldn't look for on-line help.
when i looked at MM, it was in effect a desperate attempt at not having to stop drinking.
but that was me

when i read that in order to start with their program i should have 3 months of abstinence first, i just burst out laughing. certainly that wasn't MY idea of moderation!

good luck to you.
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all here, hope the weekend was good for all. Again I understand the concept of this site and the MM site. But I still have a hard time understanding people here not wanting to help someone who wants to prevent being an alcoholic (alcohol dependent/alcohol abuser). I think that is the ultimate goal of both sites. To me, it shouldn't matter how it is done just as long as that is prevented. Best wishes to all.