Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Jsbodhi

Originally Posted by Ptcapote View Post
Hi Jsbodhi, I've been enjoying your other posts today so I thought I'd read this one when I saw it pop up.

I also was a Jekyll/Hyde when blackout drunk. And those blackouts came at the end of my drinking (last year or so) and happened almost every single time I drank. Same as you and Okla, I was consuming less and less, getting drunk faster and faster, and blacking out immediately.

It took me awhile to believe that I was actually as mean and awful as people were telling me I was (I sure couldn't remember). Wasn't I always the happy drunk? The intellectual drunk? But an incoherent, raging, borderline homicidal maniac? Never!

My partner at the time (who got the brunt of these rages) actually filmed me one night and showed me the next day. It was truly the most awful thing I have seen about myself. Ever. It should have scared me more than it did but it took another six months, and several more very damaged relationships, until I stopped.

But yes, there was PT 1 and PT 2. When I drank in the end, I never knew who was going to come out.

As to whether that's the alcohol or you...I agree that it's probably a little of both. In therapy after I quit drinking I have discovered I am pretty angry about a lot of things that I had no idea I was so angry about. Throwing wine on those issues, however, certainly morphed them into things they were not. And cost me dearly.

Anyway, great topic, thanks for posting, and so glad you're here. You're doing great, hang in there. Hugs.
Oh!!! Thanks for replying! I also got filmed by my boyfriend during a blackout
( maybe you already read that) I wasn't believing what I was being told either, I kinda thought he was exaggerating for effect. Then I saw the film....... Not pretty. I looked like something from the undead, blank dead eyes, weird voice.
And thank you for the well wishes <3 same to you!