View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
desypete

i can remember many years ago, thinking to myself that if i drank shandy it wouldn't do me any harm as there is hardly any alcohol in them and it might actually help me

so i mentioned this good idea of mine in an aa room : )

i soon got my thinking sorted out like always when i have a good idea i should really check it out with others who are like me as they always seem to know the answer that i just can not see

i have no doubt in my mind anymore just how cunning alcohol is or how cunning my brain works in trying to get me back to drinking

just how long would it be before i would have another good idea ? lets say i would drink alcohol free stuff but just have one strong drink as well as one will not hurt me

on and on this thinking will go until before i know it i will be back drinking again and getting drunk and waking up with the guilt shame and remorse as no doubt i will have done something again i wish i hadnt

so its far easier and safer for me to just get all ideas of drinking anything that looks like booze smells like booze or tastes like booze out of my head altogether and have a soft drink instead, or my favorite tipple A NICE CUP OF TEA : )

i will not end up in a police cell or wake up with guilt shame or remorse after a night of binging on tea thats for sure : )