View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Stung

I think he is too. He went to rehab and was doing great and his sister and his mom were the triggers that put him over the edge. Since then he's really revamped his program. He meets with his brand new local sponsor at least once a week, he has a new male therapist, seeing a psychologist for the first time ever, taking naltrexon and some other stuff RX'd by the psych - which is huge because he's kind of afraid of taking medicine - and has been talking non stop about how great he feels, and living in a sober living environment where he's a full blown equal (in a nice house and in a nice neighborhood) is really going well for him.

With 20/20 vision, the first lie he tells me is usually the first sign of relapse behaviors for him. He told me a very small lie after rehab and my husband was so upset that he became really emotional. At the time I didn't think much of it. Now I know better. It's the struggle. I told him as much this afternoon.

I also am not looking for him to make this feel any better. My hurt is mine and there aren't enough sorries that he can say to make it feel better. I need to revisit my expectations for a newly recovering alcoholic. Do I expect him to be 100% truthful? Shame on me. Even though things have been going really well I should not be surprised when these types of things happen. So I made a gratitude list this evening and included in it that I'm thankful to have a sober husband today. He lied, but he didn't drink.