View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ptcapote

Hi Changel, and thanks for the post.

Same thing happened to me with NA beer and it scared the heck out of me. For the first few months of my sobriety, I would have an NA beer when out or have a few in the back of the fridge for cooking chili or whatever. One night I got myself worked up about something at work and went home and (mindlessly) opened the fridge and grabbed an NA beer. Then the other, then the last. After awhile, I got up and went into the garage and found myself standing there, confused about how/why I got there.

To look for the rest of the case of beer, of course.

There was none as I had only bought a six-pack but the fact that I slammed them and then, without even thinking, went on autopilot to go seek out some more showed me exactly what it showed you. I am an addict and even the presence/taste of "near beer" had me right back in the same behavior pattern as I had when I was drinking real beer and wine.

No thanks. I haven't touched it since then and now, actually, I find the smell rather revolting. But, yes, it proved something to me beyond a doubt: I am an addict through and through and there is absolutely no reason in the world to tempt fate when it comes to my sobriety.

Thanks for the reminder with this post, too