Old 11-28-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
nodl5

day 5 for the dozenth time here. this is typically when things get nutty.

this post is very similar to my experiences. i was able to taper to 1.3mg this summer and right before the grass stopped growing, 2 subs lasted me two weeks. i had never felt better in my 5 and a half year battle with subs/opiates. however after getting to 1.3, the situation got complicated. the grass stopped growing so i could not make a bit of weekly money and getting the subs got complicated too.

i have managed to get subs in spurts, but it seems after i have been off them for 4, 5, or 6 days i do more when i do finally get them again. one 8mg strip lasts 4 days, so it's not like i take the whole thing. the sporadic on and off has been a real pain. but i am getting used to it. i tried tapering to 1mg and it just didn't work due to time. when i got below 2mg, which took months i thought it would be cake, but the whole taper is now messed up... so again i'm thinking just stop now and get it over with! but i am thinking i'll feel better at some point but my goodness, this an exercise in tenacity.

after reading this post i feel better about staying the course, i know people have quit this stuff and they lead okay lives. so... children's chewable vitamins, exercise, and water. i am so tired of having to take something to fell normal. i am able to get little work done each day, but i'll be back in bed here soon today.

quitting smoking was tough till about 90 days, it's been over a year now and the same with alcohol, will be a year in january. so i am not new to quitting something. subs are so physically exhausting and then paws! 90 days of physical seems way too long. i figured i would try at least 6 weeks, but oh man! i heard 21 days is like magic... yeah well.... this time has been the least painful, so things are getting better the paws seem less, but the sub thing is more drawn out.

anyway... i don't talk about subs in AA, so it was good to come here and see this post and get this out.

thanks.