View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Magellan

Happy Day After Thanksgiving! It was a great day, enjoyed it all, the AV started on me after everyone had left and we had finished cleaning up. The AV started with the usual argument..."Great Job you deserve a glass of wine" - responded with "that is all you have pal?" - "why exactly do you want to give it up?" - "everyone brought lots of your favorite beer, just have one"..."don't drink beer late, it will wreck my stomach".. "There is a 1/2 bottle of Santa Marg in the frig, why not just finish that and call it a night?".... I thought about this one a long time, really couldn't hurt, that is really just 1 glass, then the AV followed up with "it is the end of Nov, just start on Monday Dec 1, you can finish what is left in the house and have a GREAT weekend with me (the AV)" The AV landed the one, two punch...I admit I was staggering and the third punch came when my wife walked into the living room with a glass....I really thought I was done, I was like Bruce the Shark from Finding Nemo..."I'm having fish (wine) tonight"), but my daughters saved me, they had me get the Christmas movies out and picked out Rudolph, I stepped back and said if I still want it after Rudolph I'll have it, well that was enough for the Sober Voice to come back...AVRA (thank you) "No one ever wishes they had a drink the night before", The holidays will be a new experience...sober, me & the Girls with Friday activities while my wife shops would be crazy - you know you can't just have one, nothing good comes from alcohol, etc. etc. - my sanity took control and the beast was defeated. Sorry for ramble but I was so committed coming into the week-end and I still needed to fight it and now I am stronger.
Congrats ANEWDAYNYC! - it will be a great Friday. Peace, MM Erractic Gypsy - you are all doing great! Gypsy, have a great day today!
Gypsy - I kind of let the boat dock, by telling everyone to bring what they want to drink, I had a few six packs and wine in the house but then everyone took that to heart and it was almost biblical, I have like 4-5 times more beer and wine in the house then when the night started. I asked all to take it when they left but no one did....I know what to do with it