View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Mark1014

Well gang, I've got to admit that this day was more of a challenge than I had anticipated. Not so much specific thoughts of drinking...just a general state of agitation which was tough to keep from showing.

Some of y'all may remember that our ovens are not working (until next week). So I worked around that by putting Cornish hens on the smoker carefully tending and basting them for several hours. With the temperature outside being quite cool my electric smoker was not getting the internal temp. where it needed to be so I finally decided to finish them on the grill. I had to go answer the front door and when I returned to the patio I see that the grill has 'flamed up' and now the little hens all have nice charcoal skins! Sometimes you just have to laugh right?!. Turns out that the whole fiasco actually lifted my mood. After carefully removing the skin, the little chicks were actually still good.

So the cure for alcohol-related melancholy is burned up Cornish hens...just sayin.

I hope all the gang is well and I look forward to checking in tomorrow....for now, it's time for a shower and gonna turn in early.