View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kahlia
Putting it all together

Red face Going to meetings...hmmmm

I went to a meeting.....an NA meeting, this guy is back in the kitchen making coffee...harmless enough. I had only been clean for 16 days.....I didn't know anything about NA , AA or any other type of program...just learning at that point. He kept smiling at me, I am thinking he is glad that I am at the meeting ....it kept going on and after the meting he walks up to me and says....ARE you single? I was like UH???? It was not an NA topic and I really did not know how to respond, then he says.." I thought if you were or weren't, we could go cop a couple of 8 balls" GREAT....I looked at him and said "LISTEN, I am here because I am trying to stay sane and clean, you are here because you are already INSANE.....he started laughing and went on his way...have seen him at other meetints, too. It makes me literally sick to my stomach that the addiction is so bad that people have to seek out recovering addicts to try and get them to use....I hate it. I spoke about it in a meeting once and it got a lot of anger off my chest...they are still sick and we have to remember that but it can be difficult not to BELT em..... I haven't yet and the Italian in me wants to.....errrrrrr........PEACE OUT.....Kahlia