Old 11-27-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
LovesBulldogs79

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
It's easier said than done, I know, especially when you live together. My ex was a big one for following me around trying to pick a fight so I understand not always being able to ...
The following someone around thing is so infuriating. It seems to me to show some incredible sense of delusion. I really don't depend on him for rent bills. He brings in between $150-$200 a week and that was supposed to all/mostly go into savings because we don't NEED it. My job could cover us both. It wouldn't allow for a lot of extras (Southern CA rent eats up HALF of my monthly take home) but it could work. Therefore, I know I could do this all on my own if it comes down to it. I am going to get my own bank account, hopefully tomorrow or Saturday. He's bad with money. Big surprise.
You know, I think the hardest thing - aside from the actual addiction/relapses - is that he is the sweetest, kindest, most empathetic, funny, smart, kind to animals (!) type of guy WHEN HE IS SOBER. My family adores him. They are aware of the issues although I don't tell them everything. No point. I have to make my own decisions.
I think I'm pretty tough and resilient as a person, but he thought of Nar-Anon/Al-Anon terrifies me! I'm afraid I'll start crying or some ****! Hahah! I tear up when I get nice messages from people on here!!
I, too, thought that if I just said the right thing he would really HEAR ME and see what he is doing to his life, my life...that literally everything is at stake here and now. He could stay and be a sober dad or he will have to leave. I worry that the 6.5 mos left until the baby gets here is not nearly enough time for him to make any serious progress. I'd rather not do this alone but I'm not putting my baby in danger because he can't stay sober. There is absolutely NO crossing that line for me.
I will get more info on the AA groups. It might just be time to suck it up.