View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mejo

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
Mejo...sweetheart...listen to me...carefully...

What he is doing is called gaslighting, which is a vile form of emotional and psychological abuse. This means he's engaging in behavior that is designed to make you question your own sanity.

He knows what he did to you. He knows what he's doing to you. And he is doing it without remorse. He's doing it to maintain power over you.

I know you love him. But let's be clear: a man who engages in this sort of behavior is the worst kind of scum. What he is doing is unf*ckingacceptable.

Mejo...allow the police to deal with him. The cycle you're in will only get worse if you don't. He needs to be held legally accountable.

Remember what I told you. It's in your signature.

Be safe and keep us posted.
Thanks. I called the police officer back and told him he called and txt me. I know the officer, small mining town, everyone knows everyone's **** and I work with the guys family. Kinda embarrassing. I have a job that enables me to know the whole town. But the bruises on my neck hurt so bad. He literally tried to rip out my esophagus. The police man told me that my AH had to be really trying to kill me with the bruises I have, but if he only knew the last ten years, this ain't ****. But Meth makes him someone i don't even know. The officer told me he has seen Meth make the best people in the world down right ******* crazy and horrific. It makes me sad to hear from my AH that I am f# king nuts and I am framing him. It makes me sad that he hates me so much. It makes me sad that today is thanksgiving and here I am. I am sad that my life has come to this. He did this all over a credit card so he could get new rims and tires. I tried to be strong and not give it to him, but after the beat down I gave it to him anyway. I feel like ****. He has no job because he got fired due to Meth use and here I am still allowing him to **** someone else, hurt me, and get new rims and tires. Wth is wrong with me? And still after all that, I call him and beg him to love me and choose me and this family. But as my neck still hurts this morning, it is a reminder of how far he has fallen, but there is no bottom to catch him. The call to the police this morning was my first step to being released from this cycle. I know I am pretty, and smart. I used to be fun and happy. And to be honest, this is not the first violent encounter. Ten years with some "normal" sober behavior in between. Your the best Zo!

And that my friends, is why when people come on SR and talk about DV, I say nothing. I have been there, still am. No amount talking to a DV victim is going to change their mind until they make the first step, whether I did it to be vindictive or "i'll show you" , it is still a step they must take. Unless they don't have a choice, like being hospitalized or worse. It is such a sick cycle. We are broken. I don't know why I did not do this before. I don't know why this time was different. I don't know why I feel regret. Because I am as sick, if not worse than he is? Because I am nuts as he proclaims? I don't have to go to court, thank you state of Arizona! It is nice feeling like I am protected now. Feeling like I have officially shut the door, no matter the consequences to come from him. How much more can he hurt me emotionally? He can't. Feeling weird.