Old 11-27-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

It's easier said than done, I know, especially when you live together. My ex was a big one for following me around trying to pick a fight so I understand not always being able to get away.
Your feeling of resentment is also something I can totally identify with. HE is the one with the problem, why do I need to get help? I am really shy and it was terrifying for me to walk into those first couple of meetings.
How much do you depend on him to pay rent/bills? Do you two have any joint finances? You don't have to answer here, but it might be a good idea to keep that stuff as separate as possible because he is not going to be someone you can depend on. He clearly has no issue with lying to your face (my ex did that too, staggered around the house slurring, urine drying on the front of his pants- I'm not drinking, how can you say I've been drinking? Uh, because you're drunk? Duh.)
I used to think that if I could just talk to him and find the right words or the perfect way to say it, that I could make him see what he was doing and he would see the light and stop. If that was possible this website and Alanon and all the other stuff wouldn't exist. I didn't start going to meetings until after I left him, and it has made me better able to deal with his BS because we are tied by our son. He is pretty much a nonentity in our son's life, but he still pulls a crazy stunt every few weeks trying to jerk me around. Thanks to Alanon I hardly even get my feathers ruffled by his nonsense.