Thread: Binge Drinking
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ubntubnt

Originally Posted by Binge2014 View Post
I am a mid 30s male with a young family. By clinical terms I am defined as weekend binge drinker. This past weekend I decided I want to stop. I noticed that as my age increases so does my hangover. Normally when I drink alcohol I wake up the next day intoxicated and my BAC does not drop to 0 until the afternoon. Once the hangover starts it can last anywhere from 1 to 3 days from 1 night of binge drinking. (can you get withdrawl symptoms if you binge drink only 1 night a week?). I also get very bloated/puffy and this can last a few days. Anyhow, I decided to abstain so I can be there for my family and not spend the whole day on the couch complaining how horrible I feel. I have tried this before and failed. I hope it works this time, any advice?
If you read around the site you will quickly see that weekend drinking turns into a couple of times a week binge drinking and then a few times a week and then every day. Look at it as giving up a powerfully destructive drug that can and may destroy your life not just cutting out one day per week binge drinking. Quit before it becomes even more of a problem and please don't underestimate the commitment that you will need to show to overcome it. Good luck!