View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
rah555

Originally Posted by Choobie View Post
Rah, my favorite respite is the couch and my two dogs! I've been finding that I have to actually take care of my inner self. We are doing hard work, whether it's visible to us or not. I do yoga every morning-even if it's just 20 minutes, and find what I need for the day and meditate on it (focus? patience? kindness?). I also do devotions in the morning. After work, I often exercise and later take a bath. All of these things help keep my from being drained and help with the stress. It has taken me awhile to come up with what works. I had no idea that I really needed so much care. I was neglecting myself, and poisoning my body on top of it.
Yes, I guess I have really been hard on my body for a long time. Plus I had surgery about 6 weeks ago, that's probably adding to it. I do look at like I'm taking care of myself but then I feel guilty, like I should be doing something else. I'm just going to focus on taking care of me for now, even if that means sitting on my couch with my 3 dogs relaxing.