View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Saskia

Chris, my sober twin, I'm sending you loads of love. I know you will make it through this, too. You've shown such strong thinking.

(((Glee))), I'll add my voice to the chorus: try not to beat yourself up. Many of us are perfectionists but I believe that reality is that we all make mistakes, misjudgments, etc. However, we do so much less of it when we are sober. And when we work on our recovery, we slowly learn to catch ourselves before we do things we don't like instead of after. But none of us will ever be perfect!

Gilmer, so sorry your dad is in a lot of pain! And yes, I've noticed a big difference between last year and now 🐣

LS, BF, I'm seeing in your posts what I've seen in others: a growing strength and certainty in living a sober and full life!

I value all of my sober supports. Here there are things I don't get elsewhere. Most especially it helps me to hear about the variations of the path we are all on. There is so much about life in general that is affected by alcohol and other programs focus specifically on alcohol. That's not a bad thing but this is so much more. In addition to the struggles and triumphs in remaining sober, what helps me so much here is to see the struggles we have as we, for lack of a better word, reinvent ourselves. This is such a phenomenal opportunity to grow as individuals. Each and every one of you adds to my awareness and to the growing richness of my life.

I still struggle with getting all tangled up when I feel helpless but I also feel progress. I don't spend as long feeling all stressed out. A big positive is that when I calm down and accept what's happening, my brain starts functioning again and it's becoming a bit easier to move ahead.

Have a lovely day, Undies!