View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by ubntubnt
Just reading back through the posts from over the last 12 hours. I know there are a lot of people struggling right now. Last week was so positive and strong for the group. Many of us seemed to be in the 1-10 day range. Seems that the weekend provided the first major hurdles are being encountered now by many. PLEASE don't give in. Lets hold this group together. There are so many posts from our fellow members saying that they have been relapsing for years and are back to day 1 or day 2 again. This cycle needs to stop and there is no better time than now.

When I read these posts I can hear my AV..."hey, see, its normal to relapse and get back on the wagon. Everyone is doing it. Don't worry about it. We are a team! Its ok to drink. The team will be there for you tomorrow. What's the harm in just one bottle of wine?"

Please, for so may of you, this is exactly the time to really dig in. I have not been 10 days sober in 20 years and truth be known I am terrified that if I drink again that this space I am clutching onto will be gone forever. So its now or never.

Too many people to call out personally. Lets just dig in and redouble our efforts and push to day 30. I am going to make it and I would love that we can take a few moments and celebrate this together.

Great post

Relapse is not a part of recovery, it is a part of our addiction.

Let's not let ourselves get dragged back there guys

D