View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
silentrun
voices ca**y

I noticed that many people will reject any new information that conflicts with what they think they already know. It's not only done with religion but also with things that could easily be cleared up.
This one example has happened to me so many times at work I have stopped sharing my info because I got sick of being called nuts. We have a pension and we also have a 401K. If you have been there long enough you can retire as early as 55. These old guys keep talking about how they can't afford to retire because they have to wait until 59.5 to get the money out of the 401k without the 10% early withdraw penalty. I told a couple of them they could access it in the year they turn 55 provided they retire. I think they actually were pissed at me. I even told them the IRS code for it was 72t. None of them looked it up. Whatever....
The thing that really bothers me though is wondering if I do that too. Sometimes I wonder how flexible I am to assimilating new information if it goes against my established views.
It is probably a good thing they keep working because now these knuckleheads are buying Dinar. A quick google search reveals it's a scam! Whatever....