View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hummingbird358

I am sorry I didn't go into details. My son is 20, is on the road to graduating 3 semesters ahead of schedule because he goes through the summer and winter breaks. He was drinking alot but has cut down on that but does occasionally. Once he starts then he doesn't stop and looks for it the next day as well. He uses weed more than alcohol. I feel he is becoming addicted to weed BUT he is still motivated in school so I just don't know. He has asked to borrow money from me and also from my parents because he has used up all of his savings. He has tried finding work but is not having any luck. I don't like the guys he associates with because they are druggies and already have been in trouble with the law. I feel it is just a matter of time before my son gets in trouble along side of them. He is so smart and I don't understand why he associates with these kind. They didn't graduate high school, have been in jail, etc. It scares me so bad that my so is going to end up getting arrested. If he gets introuble, he has no money to pay any fines or to bail himself out. I guess I worry too much. He has been ungrateful for years. He has been distant for years, spends zero time with family, won't even call his sister by her name.... He says "your daughter" for her or "your husband" for his dad, or "your parents" for his grandparents. He commutes back and forth from college to avoid the party scene which is GOOD! But the weed part scares me. He has gained so much weight, suffers from depression/anxiety. Sorry for the long post.!